It is, basically, a way for bloggers to get to know each other (& for their readers to get to know other blogs). Once nominated, you answer a series of ten questions given by the blogger that nominated you. Then, you nominate another ten bloggers & give them your own ten questions to answer. . . (I am quite a bit late in getting this posted, but better late than never, eh?) 😉
1. What does a wonderful day look like for you? A wonderful day, for me, is any day that is relatively stress-free, spent in the company of people I love. Pretty simple, really. Sometimes it's a day lounging around the house with my husband. . . Sometimes it's lunch & errands with my son. . . Or even the slightly chaotic evenings that I've had my son AND my nephews spending the night. . . It varies. BUT, the common denominator is ALWAYS being with people I love.
2. Name five things you’re thankful for. My family, my health, agency (the willingness & ability to change my circumstances), blogging, & a comfortable place to call home.
3. Tell me about the last time you felt really happy. Just this morning. Waking up & emerging from my bedroom, with the handsome husband home from work & not having to go back for a few days. . . One of the best feelings in the world.
4. If you knew you couldn’t fail, what would you do? I've asked myself this a lot lately. . . I'd like to own a business, but I am not sure what. I like the idea of a non-profit that helps educate people about personal finances & debt elimination. Not exactly a money-maker, I suppose. But, I think it could be fulfilling work. . . Either way, I will continue to ask myself this question until I have a definitive answer.
5. If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, what would you be doing today? I would be on a plane, with the handsome husband, headed to Washington State. I would see each of my sons to make sure they know how much they are loved. Then, I would see as many other family members as possible.
6. When was the last time you astonished yourself? I don't even know. That's sad, right? It is.
7. When was the last time you took a bold action? Does going back to college after graduating from high school 15 years ago count? I just started back about three weeks ago. Feels bold. Not sure yet if it really is. 😉
8. When was the last time you were brave? See my response to the last question? LOL. Okay. That's a cop-out. Other than that, I would say that it was when the handsome husband & I packed up & left Washington State. It was quite scary, to leave so much of my family & friends & most of what I knew.
9. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Happy. Hopefully with another child, since the handsome husband & I have been trying to get pregnant lately. I will have my degree in finance & be working full-time — hopefully as a certified financial planner or something of the sort. I'd also like to be back in Washington State, in a position to start thinking about purchasing our own home.
10. What’s your favourite memory? There are too many to choose from; therefore, there is no such thing as a single favorite memory for me. . . Nursing my children, hugs from people I love, the first time the handsome husband said “I love you.” It's those seemingly small moments that are my favorite. . . You never know how huge they are until you look back on them.
My nominees, (please do not feel obligated in any way if this is just not your thing! BUT, it IS super fun, so give it a shot if so!):
- Khai of Duffel Bag & a Dream
- Lizzi of Considerings
- Summer of The Step Mom Life
- Amanda of A Real-Life Country Housewife
- Lisa of From the North to the South
- Elise of Polka Dotted Blue Jay
- Staci of Quirky Mom Life
- Carolyn of How to Pronounce Motherhood
- Erin of Chronically Sick Manic Mother
- Josie of Two Shoes in Texas
Their questions, (some may be repeats, but I swear it's because I think they are really THAT fabulous!):
- What would you do if you knew, without a doubt, that you couldn't fail?
- If you were to find yourself on your deathbed tomorrow, what is it that you would wish you had already accomplished in your life? Why?
- Who has been your biggest inspiration in your life thus far?
- Imagine your life in 20 years. How would it differ from the present? What do you anticipate staying the same?
- Name 5 goals you have recently set for yourself. What are their deadlines?
- If you could spend an afternoon with anyone — dead or alive — who would it be? Why?
- When was the last time you took a risk? What was it?
- Who do you turn to when you need to be cheered up? Why?
- What was the last thing that you read that moved you?
- What is something you've accomplished that you never thought you would/could?
- Link back to the person who tagged you
- Answer the 10 questions above
- Create 10 questions of your own
- Tag 10 other bloggers