I might be submerged under the cloud that's been following me around lately, but I still have plenty to be thankful for. . . No frills, but it is there. . .
- Yesterday marked three years since the handsome husband & I started seeing each other. . . That's something to be thankful for.
- Before our miscarriage earlier this year, our due date was to be December 23. . . I am thankful I can have a good stiff drink (or two or three) that day. Maybe not exactly healthy, but it is a thankful, nonetheless.
- Although the handsome husband has to work the night of Christmas (which means he will need to sleep Christmas Day), he DOES have Christmas Eve off entirely, so I will get a bit of time with him that day.
- The handsome husband just passed his one-year mark at his job, which means that his second-year bonus starts showing up on his paycheck. . . It'll be a good opportunity to pad our savings, which is lacking since our move, so it is something to appreciate, for sure.
- All my grades are not quite officially posted, but it looks like I got a 4.0 GPA for my first semester in college!! I wasn't going to mention it since it is not “official” yet, but it is what it is. I am REALLY proud of myself — which feels odd to say, but at least it is honest. There is no better motivation. . .
- I finally made a phone call & made an appointment with a psychologist in the area. . . I don't meet with him for another couple of weeks, but I suppose it is a good step to make. . . We will see.
- I've been hesitant to start applying for jobs here in Arizona. . . We have only one vehicle & it will be challenging to find something that has a schedule that will work around not only the handsome husband's schedule, but also my school schedule. . . Plus, wages are CRAP in this state & I refuse to settle — I will compromise, but I won't settle, if that makes an sense. . . Anyway, I have recently come across not one, but TWO advertisements that show potential, so I applied. It is doubtful that anything will come of it, but it is still a bit liberating to have my resume up-to-date & out there.
- On a similar note, I am so, SO thankful that I get to have the luxury of being choosy in my job since the handsome husband works so hard to provide for us. He does so well that me working is optional. We are not well-off, by any means. We have to watch our pennies & spend them wisely, but we are not wanting for any true necessity. For this, I am so tremendously grateful. It does not fail me that not everyone gets this luxury.
- Even though I am willing to compromise in the job category, the handsome husband is not. . . He is supportive beyond measure & has really had to talk me into being patient in finding the RIGHT job for me, rather than just any job. It is hard to turn off that “survival instinct” & just plan for the future. . . If it weren't for the handsome husband's emotional support (in addition to his financial support I already mentioned), I wouldn't be able to do that. . . It is a difficult lesson to learn, but it is one that I am very grateful for. . .
- Christmas might be just another day around my house — we didn't even put up a tree or a single decoration — but New Years Eve is the handsome husband's day off as well. I am looking forward to getting to ring in the new year with him this year.
What are you thankful for this week?